Health and Travel Safety Insurance for Individual & Family
When you are traveling abroad from your home country, alone or with family, you need medical and travel protection for your health and travel safety. Atlas Travel Insurance by Tokiomarine HCC is made for you. Insurance protection is available from minimum 5 days to 364 days. In addition to medical benefits for injuries and illnesses, Atlas Travel Insurance includes benefits for emergency medical evacuation, terrorism, political evacuation, and adventure sports. These plans come with worldwide network of healthcare providers who offer you discounted medical costs and out-of-pocket expenses.
- U.S. and Non-U.S. Citizens who are at least 14 days age to 69+: benefits limit range from $50,000 to $1,000,000. For age group 70 to 79: the benefits limit is either $50,000 or $100,000; and for age 80 or older: the benefits are limited to $10,000.
- Deductibles are in range from $0 to $2,500 per Certificate Period.
- The period of coverage for medical expenses due to illness and accident is from the moment you depart from your home country and stay abroad to the moment of your arrival back to home country. In addition to medical coverage, the policy also covers emergencies like:
- emergency medical evacuation,
- repatriation of remains, local burial or cremation, accidental death and dismemberment,
- crisis response like ransom, personal belongings, emergency reunion, bedside visit, return of minor children, pet return, political evacuation, trip interruption, lost checked luggage, travel delay, emergency dental, natural disaster, hospital indemnity, and personal liability.
- After termination of the coverage period within departure and arrival back to your home country, you have an extended coverage of a Benefit Period of up to 90 days beginning on the first day of diagnosis or treatment of Injury or illness you sustained abroad.
- In addition to coverage abroad, your policy covers ‘Incidental home country coverage’ in case you make incidental trip(s) back to your home country. For U.S. Citizens, it is no more than 15 days per three-month period of coverage, and for non-U.S. Citizens, it is 30 days for any three-month period, and then you continue with your international travels and stay abroad. The policy does not cover you if you get back to your home country with the purpose to obtain treatment of an illness or injury you sustained abroad.
- If you are a non-U.S. citizen or resident and your travel does not include the U.S. or U.S. territories, the maximum coverage duration is 365 days. You can renew coverage for two additional coverage periods. Coverage renewal requires satisfaction of a new deductible and coinsurance. If you are not this category of traveler, the maximum duration of coverage is 364 days and coverage is not renewable. You can do extensions and renewals online in your ‘Client Zone’ account.
- If you plan to make multi trips to your home country, you should select Atlas MultiTrip travel insurance that may work for you.
- You must familiarize yourself with a number of exclusions in the plan.