International Travelers Medical and Travel Safety Insurance
Atlas Group Plan
Tokio Marine HCC and Lloyd’s
travel in groups anywhere in the world
International Travelers: Health and Travel Safety Insurance for Groups
When you are traveling abroad from your home country in a group of five (5) or more, you need medical and travel protection for your health and travel safety. International Group Travel Insurance by Tokio Marine HCC MIS is made for you. Insurance protection is available from minimum 5 days to 364 days. In addition to medical benefits for injuries and illnesses, group travel Insurance includes benefits for emergency medical evacuation, terrorism, political evacuation, and adventure sports. You get a 10% discount for groups or families of five or more.
Eligibility of plan
- US. and Non-U.S. Citizens who are at least 14 days age and traveling with a group of at least five (5) members are eligible for coverage outside of their home countries, except as provided under home country coverage.
- S. Citizens and residents are not eligible for coverage within the U.S, except as provided under home country coverage or an eligible benefit period.
Brief features of the plan
- Coverage Amount: i) Individuals age 70 to 79 as of the certificate effective date are subject to a $250,000 overall maximum limit or less. ii) Individuals age 80 and over as of the certificate effective date is subject to a $10,000 overall maximum limit. iii) For age below 70, the maximum coverage is available in range of $50,000 to $2,000,000.
- Deductible: Are in range from $0 to $5,000 per Certificate Period.
- Coinsurance: 100% of eligible expenses after meeting deductible up to overall maximum.
- Scope of Coverage: The period of coverage for medical expenses due to illness and accident is from the moment you depart from your home country and stay abroad to the moment of your arrival back to home country. In addition to medical coverage, the policy also covers emergencies like:
- emergency medical evacuation,
- repatriation of remains, local burial or cremation, accidental death and dismemberment,
- crisis response like ransom, personal belongings, emergency reunion, bedside visit, return of minor children, pet return, political evacuation, trip interruption, lost checked luggage, travel delay, emergency dental, natural disaster, hospital indemnity, and personal liability.
- Home Country Coverage: After termination of the coverage period within departure and arrival back to your home country, you have an extended coverage of a Benefit Period of up to 90 days beginning on the first day of diagnosis or treatment of Injury or illness you sustained abroad.
- Incidental Home Country Coverage: In addition to coverage abroad, your policy covers ‘Incidental home country coverage’ in case you make incidental trip(s) back to your home country.
- For U.S. home country: For every three-month period during which you are covered, eligible medical expenses incurred in the U.S. are covered to a maximum of 15 days.
- For Non-U.S. home country: For every three-month period during which you are covered, eligible medical expenses incurred in your home country are covered up to a maximum of 30 days.
- Certificate Period: It is the duration between commencement and termination of a policy. This is the evidence of your insurance coverage showing plan type, period of cover, home country, deductible, special terms and conditions, benefits, and geographical area of cover. The policy does not cover you if you get back to your home country with the purpose to obtain treatment of an illness or injury you sustained abroad. The minimum coverage period is 5 days, and maximum is 364 days.
- Renewal of Coverage: You can renew coverage for two additional coverage periods. Coverage renewal requires satisfaction of a new deductible and coinsurance. You can do extensions and renewals online in your ‘Client Zone’ account.
Review details of the plan
Following publications explain scope, benefits, exclusions, and limitations of the plan.
Insurance Product Information: Gives quick information on scope of the plan
Product Brochure: Give summary of the scope of the plan and benefits.
Description of the plan: Atlas Group. This give specimen policy details.
These plans come with worldwide network of healthcare providers who offer you discounted medical costs and out-of-pocket expenses, besides it is significant to use providers in the networks so as to get discounted services and processing of your medical claims the Insurance. Reach out to following network of providers to search for providers. Since participation in networks in dynamic, do call to check and verify for appointments.
For non-U.S. and non-EU citizens traveling within U.S. : Affiliated network of UnitedHealthcare Options PPO are the PPO Networks in the U.S.
For EU citizen traveling within the U.S.: FirstHealth and Cofinity are the affiliated PPO networks within the U.S.
For dental care providers in the U.S.: Use Dentemax to start your search for dentists.
For non-U.S. travels: Use Allianz Care to locate physicians. However, you may use any medical practitioner at your discretion, pay for services and have bills reimbursed.
Preparation before you leave your country!
It is important that you familiarize yourself with all steps involved to medical help or travel risks help before you leave your country to tour or live abroad. Do preparations to travel and learn how to get medical services and file claims for reimbursement here.
I want to sign up. How should I go about it?What?
Will your trip include the US or US territories as destination country? Yes / No
Choose how you would like to obtain a quote, by selecting a radio button for: i) Enter travelers by age group, or ii) Upload a spreadsheet. For small group, choose option i). Click on button GET QUOTE
Select by radio button: i) Deductible, ii) Coverage Amount. Click button NEXT.
Follow the screens, compete application, and submit it. Email arrives in confirmation.
I just signed up. Now What?
An email arrives in your Inbox from Tokio Marine HCC MIS. Read instructions and save this email.
Go over the policy and understand its scope, benefits, and limitations.
Find doctor you want to visit, make appointment, and settle fee payment arrangements.
I’m a policyholder. I need help!
Phones (U.S.): 800.605.2282 - 317.262.2132
Call us at 407-792-6060 or leave message below.
We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.