International Travelers Medical and Travel Safety Insurance for Individual(s)
Atlas Travel Plans
Tokio Marine HCC and Lloyd’s
travel anywhere in the world
International Travelers Health and Travel Safety Insurance for Individual(s)
When you are traveling abroad from your home country, alone or with family, you need medical and travel protection for your health and travel safety. Tokio Marine HCC MIS offers two levels of international medical insurance plans in each of the following two categories:
Worldwide, including U.S.
- Atlas America. This plan has basic benefits. It is the most popular.
- Atlas America Premium. This has high coverage of benefits.
Worldwide, excluding U.S.
- Atlas International. This plan has basic benefits. It is the most popular.
- Atlas International Premium. This has high coverage of benefits.
Eligibility for Plans
- U.S. Citizens and Non-U.S Citizens who are at least 14 days of age and traveling outside of their home countries, except as provided under home country coverage.
- Plans are available with limited benefits of Overall Maximum Limit for age group 80+, for age group 70 to 79, and below 70.
- If you are a US citizen, your home country is always the United States, regardless of the location of your principal residence.
- If you are not a U.S. citizen, home country is the country where you principally reside and receive regular mail.
- These plans are not available to individuals who are physically located in the states of New York, Maryland, or Washington in the USA; and in the countries of Canada or Australia at time of purchase.
Brief features of the plans
- Coverage Period. The period of coverage for medical expenses due to illness and accident is from the moment you depart from your home country and stay abroad to the moment of your arrival back to home country. In addition to medical coverage, the policy also covers emergencies like:
- emergency medical evacuation,
- repatriation of remains, local burial or cremation, accidental death and dismemberment,
- crisis response like ransom,
- personal belongings, emergency reunion, bedside visit, return of minor children, pet return,
- political evacuation, trip interruption,
- lost checked luggage, travel delay,
- emergency dental,
- natural disaster,
- hospital indemnity, and
- Personal Liability (third person injury or property): Plan for $10,000 with optional up to $90,000, or $100,000 plus $2,500 related third person property.
- Overall maximum limit per certificate: up to $2,000,000.
- Home Country Coverage: While certificate is in effect, the benefit period does not apply. Upon termination of the certificate of coverage period within departure and arrival back to your home country, you have an extended coverage of a Benefit Period of up to 90 days beginning on the first day of diagnosis or treatment of Injury or illness you sustained abroad.
- Incidental Home Country Coverage. In addition to coverage abroad, your policy covers ‘Incidental home country coverage’ in case you make incidental trip(s) back to your home country:
- For U.S. home country. It is maximum of 15 days per three-month period of coverage.
- For non-U.S. home country. It is maximum of 30 days for any three-month period, and then you continue with your international travels and stay abroad.
- The policy does not cover you if you get back to your home country with the purpose to obtain treatment of an illness or injury you sustained abroad.
- Certificate Period. It is period of time beginning on the date, time of certificate effective date, ending on the date, and time of the certificate termination date. Coverage period is available from minimum of 5 days to maximum 364 days. Thereafter, you need to buy new insurance. However, you can do extensions and renewals online in your Client Zone
Review details of plans
Following publications explain scope, benefits, exclusions, and limitations of the two available plans:
- Insurance Product Information: Gives quick information on scope of the two plans.
- Medium Coverage Plan – Atlas Travel: This is Description of Coverage which gives specimen policy details. This plan is popular due to lower premium costs and most benefits the travelers must have.
- High Coverage Plan – Atlas Premium: This is Description of Coverage which gives specimen policy details. This plan is desirable due to higher risk coverage and travel related risks.
These plans come with worldwide network of healthcare providers who offer you discounted medical costs and out-of-pocket expenses. It is significant to use providers in the networks so as to get discounted services and processing of your medical claims the Insurance. Reach out to following network of providers to search for providers. Since participation in networks in dynamic, do call to check and verify for appointments.
For non-U.S. and non-EU citizens traveling within U.S. : Affiliated network of UnitedHealthcare Options PPO are the PPO Networks in the U.S.
For EU citizen traveling within the U.S.: FirstHealth and Cofinity are the affiliated PPO networks within the U.S.
For dental care providers in the U.S.: Use Dentemax to start your search for dentists.
For non-U.S. travels: Use Allianz Care to locate physicians. However, you may use any medical practitioner at your discretion, pay for services and have bills reimbursed.
Preparation before you leave your country!
It is important that you familiarize yourself with all steps involved to medical help or travel risks help before you leave your country to tour or live abroad. Do preparations to travel and learn how to get medical services and file claims for reimbursement here.
I want to sign up. How should I go about it?What?
In field ‘Coverage Area, select either Worldwide including U.S., or Worldwide excluding U.S.
Enter other basic information of travelers, and click on button Get Quote Now
Select the plan of your preference, (Most popular plan, or Premium).
From dropdown, select Maximum and Deductible, and click on button Buy Now, and on next screen, Select Primary Destination.
Follow prompts and submit application. You will receive email confirmation.
Follow instructions in the email.
I just signed up. Now What?
An email arrives in your Inbox from Tokio Marine HCC MIS. Read instructions and save this email.
Go over the policy and understand its scope, benefits, and limitations.
Find doctor you want to visit, make appointment, and settle fee payment arrangements.
I’m a policyholder. I need help!
Phones (U.S.): 800.605.2282; 317.262.2132
Call us at 407-792-6060 or leave message below.
We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.