Supplemental Medical Insurance
Related to Hospital Confinement
Fixed Indemnity Insurance for age below 65
It pays for hospital confinements on per day basis.
Two plans to choose from.
Supplemental Medical Insurance Plans Related to Hospital Confinement
Suplemental Medical Insurance plans related to hospital confinement are indemnities designed as financial protections to pay you fixed coverage on per day basis subject to maximum number of days of hospitalization. The benefits help you to reduce your out-of-pocket costs of deductible, coinsurance, and other expenses related to your hospitalization. You can buy these plans standalone (a-la-carte) or preferably as supplemental with your main medical health insurance plan (either Short Term Medical, TriTerm Medical or a Major Medical plan).
Here is an example showing effect of adding a supplemental medical plan to the basic ACA or Short Term Medical plan that pays $1,000 per day of hospitalization.
Key Features of Hospital SafeGuard Indemnity Insurance
This indemnity pays a fixed amount per day for hospital confinements to the calendar year maximum number of days. It has no link with the medical insurance. Proof of hospital confinement must be furnished on a Claim Form along with and copy of hospital documents. Money is for you to reduce or offset your effective ‘Out-of-Pocket’ costs and meet incidental expenses. Coverage is available for individual or entire family. It is renewable to age 65. Note the exclusions and limitations of this indemnity. Some variations apply on State and Zip Code basis.
For a very nominal monthly premium cost, two indemnity plans are available to choose from:
Hospital SafeGuard Plan A
- $1,000 per day of Inpatient Hospital Confinement for a maximum of 31 days.
- Additional benefit of $1,000 per day of confinement in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) to a maximum of 10 days.
Hospital SafeGuard Plan B
- $2,000 per day of Hospital Confinement for a maximum of 7 days.
- Additional benefit of $2,000 per day of confinement in Intensive Care Unit (ICU) to a maximum of 7 days.
Highlights of Policy Details
- Eligibility and Renewability: At the time of application, applicant and spouse must be between 18 – 64 years of age. (Drop off on 65th birthday). Children between 0 – 25 years of age are eligible (drop off on 26th birthday).
- Notice of Claim: Must be filed within 30 days of the commencement of hospitalization.
- Filing of Claim: Must be done within 90 days or as soon as reasonably possible.
- Preexisting Conditions: For first 12months of the policy, hospitalization benefit is not covered.
- Underwriting. These plan are subject to health underwriting. Must give accurate information in the application.
I’m a policyholder. I need help!
- Check your email coming from the servicer, www.myUhone.com, and follow instructions.
- Visit https://www.uhone.com/customers/member-portals , register your account under Member Portal, and get to know all its features.
- Customer Service: 1-800-657-8205
Call us at 407-792-6060 or leave message below.
We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.
Who are the providers of these plans?
Golden Rule Insurance Company is the underwriter of these insurance plans.