Supplemental Medical Plan
Health ProtectorGuard / Hospital & Doctor
Fixed Indemnity Insurance for age below 65
It pays for hospital confinements, surgical services, outpatient services, and more. Telehealth plan is part of all plans.
Twelve plans to choose from.
Health ProtectorGuard Indemnity Plans
These plans are termed as Health ProtectorGuard (abbreviated as HPG to show these plans) have a combination of a set of supplemental indemnity insurance plans and are designed to work with your main insurance plan. These indemnities provide financial protections to pay you in cash fixed coverage benefits upon defined occurrences to reduce your out-of-pocket costs of deductible, coinsurance, and other expenses related to your hospitalization, surgery, health emergencies and help you pay for other incidental expenses.
The set of indemnities have three categories of coverages as follows:
- Wellness, Office Visits, and Rx Brand/Generic prescriptions. It is abbreviated as WORx.
- Hospital, Surgical, and Outpatient/Lab.
- Telehealth & More having Network Discounts. Customizable combination of plans come with Telehealth inclusive. See here for details of basic Telehealth plan.
Key Features of Health ProtectorGuard Indemnity Plans
There are twelve levels of plans in increasing order of coverage of benefits and premiums:
- HPG Choice 1, Choice 2 and Choice 3: $1,000 per day for hospitalization (unlimited days), and defined WORx benefits, plus other benefits listed below.
- HPG Select 1, Select 2, and Select 3: $2,000 per day for hospitalization (unlimited days), and defined WORx benefits, plus other benefits listed below.
- HPG Preferred 1, Preferred 2, and Preferred 3: $3,000 per day for hospitalization (unlimited days), and defined WORx benefits, plus other benefits listed below.
- HPG Premier 1, Premier 2, and Premier 3: $5,000 per day for hospitalization (unlimited days), and defined WORx benefits, plus other benefits listed below.
List of Benefits under each level of twelve plans
- Inpatient Hospital Confinement
- Inpatient Hospital Intensive Care Unit (ICU) or Critical Care Unit (CCU)
- Inpatient Physician Visits (maximum during Inpatient Hospital Confinement)
- Emergency Room (maximum per calendar year)
- Ambulance- Ground or Water (maximum per calendar year)
- Ambulance-Air (maximum per calendar year)
- Outpatient Facility Fee (maximum per calendar year)
- Surgeon: 7-Tier Surgical Schedule (unlimited days per calendar year)
- Assistant Surgeon
- Office Visits/Urgent Care Visits for injury or illness: Benefits per visit (maximum per calendar year)
- Second Surgical Opinion (maximum per calendar year)
- Wellness/Preventive Care Visit (maximum per calendar year after initial 6-month waiting period)
- Maximum Rx Fills Per calendar year (Brand and Generic): Its combination of Discount Card or fixed payment on monthly refills.
- Outpatient Lab/X-ray, Non-preventive/Non-routine: Benefit per test (maximum per calendar year)
- Outpatient Diagnostic Imaging Services (Benefit per test (maximum per calendar year)
- Oral Chemotherapy: Benefit per month (maximum per calendar year)
- Outpatient Chemotherapy and Radiation – Non-Oral: Benefit per day (maximum per calendar year)
Highlights of Policy Details
- Eligibility and Renewability: At the time of application, applicant and spouse must be between 18 – 64 years of age. (Drop off on 65th birthday). Children between 0 – 25 years of age are eligible (drop off on 26th birthday).
- Notice of Claim: Must be filed within 30 days of the commencement of hospitalization.
- Filing of Claim: Must be done within 90 days or as soon as reasonably possible.
- Preexisting Conditions: For first 12months of the policy, hospitalization benefit is not covered.
- Underwriting: These plans are subject to health underwriting. Must give accurate information in the application.
Network of Providers
I want to sign up. How should I go about?
Fill the form and click on View Plans.
Navigate and click on tab Hospital & Doctor. You see twelve plan show up in increasing order of price and benefits. You may compare up to four plans. Check the buttons Compare and then click on bottom Compare at the bottom of display. A tabular display of compared plans shows up.
Click on downarrow of filters: Payment Amount, WORx, and Hospital Benefit Level to narrow down your choice to select a plan. Then click on button Details to see summary of benefits.
Click on button Add to Cart. Follow screens to click on button Apply and sign up.
Complete and submit application. An email will be generated for you for follow up instructions.
I’m a policyholder. I need help!
- Check your email coming from the servicer, www.myUhone.com, and follow instructions.
- Visit https://www.uhone.com/customers/member-portals , register your account under Member Portal, and get to know all its features.
- Customer Service: 1-800-657-8205
Call us at 407-792-6060 or leave message below.
We’ll get back to you within 24 hours.